Saturday, May 25, 2013

Hello AGAIN, fellow citizens of the First World and beneficiaries of modernized medicine!

Hopefully you got this URL from my Facebook or email and are ready to share in the educational and professional experiences this summer will afford me. And whether you do so as a family member, a friend, or just an interested reader doesn't matter in the slightest! I highly recommend that you read my first (and verbose) entry as it will give you, the reader, a "big picture" understanding of my goals and responsibilities  during my time in Rwanda.

WELL... here we go. We left Houston Intercontinental Friday, May 24th and made safe passage to Qatar, where we are currently housed up in a hotel waiting for our connecting flight to Kigali, Rwanda. For those of you who have never heard of Qatar, it is here, just north of Saudi Arabia. AND for those of you who are not sure where Rwanda is, it is here, smack dab in the middle of Africa. There is not an entirely large amount to report right now, but I can tell all of that my anticipation has continued to build long past the time that I left the ground in Houston. I can't wait to tell all of you what I feel and see and do and, hopefully, how that irrevocably changes the way I view myself, medicine, and the global spectrum of the human condition. Please keep "clicking in" to read!

Lastly, I'll be keeping a running album here on my Facebook (I'll include the link in every blog post), so be sure to visit there for pictures and videos by returning here and/or befriending me on Facebook! Right now, obviously, the pictures are only up through our time in Qatar, so don't be confused.

Until next time, William "Taylor" Farrington

No comments:

Post a Comment